In the process of electing and initiating new members, the chapters hold ceremonies each year, usually in the winter, spring, summer, and fall. These occasions are traditionally conducted by a ritual and ceremony manual that is secret to our fraternity.
Gamma Mu Phi sets high standards not only for the selection of members elected to membership but also for the institutions and cities which may shelter a chapter. Applications for new chapters are accepted on a triennial basis following a lengthy process of documentation by the Gamma Mu Phi.
All members that are considered must be 21 years of age or older.
WHY GAMMA MU PHI?
Gamma Mu Phi has established a tradition of quality, distinction, and brotherhood since 1999. We encourage all men who share our same ideals to unite with us in extending our brotherhood to cities nationwide!
If you feel that Gamma Mu Phi is an organization that you would like to bring to your city, please feel free to send an e-mail to us with your name, phone number, and location, and we will be more than happy to show you what brotherhood means in Gamma Mu Phi.
- We are one of the FIRST successful fraternity’s that focus on the interest of affirming men of color regardless of sexual preference
- We are recognized by numerous national Greek Councils (GC).
- We focus on eight cardinal principals
- We have participate in a great number of community service projects throughout the year
- We are consistently recognized as having one of the highest camaraderie’s within our brotherhood
- We have a number of Greek conventions and retreats within our city chapters every year
- Quality, not quantity. With our size, we are a close-knit, family-like brotherhood